BarkWorld was one of those great events where I had the chance to meet online pals face to face.
Usually I am only able to talk to these folks through a computer. But when I get to meet them without a computer, it is hard to make myself spend time blogging about it while it is happening.
I will write about my latest adventure – BarkWorld Expo 2010 very soon. I especially want to write about the GMC Terrain that was provided to me as part of the GMC Bark-N-Ride. It was a great vehicle, and I am very grateful that I got a chance to drive one to Atlanta, GA for the BarkWorld Expo 2010.
Right now, however, I want to share the inspiration that I gained from the trip with you.
I saw lots of great dogs at the event, and afterward, I went to the Atlanta Folk Fest for my art “fix”.
I came back with so many creative ideas, I have decided to do a paint-a-thon to share some them with you.
On Thursday, August 26, 2010, I will engage in an exclusive “Paint-A-Thon”, painting animal themed artworks non-stop from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm in my studio at 336 4th St. NW, Canton, OH.
All works created in that 12 hours will be auctioned off in a silent auction online via Twitter Thursday, August 26, 2010. Bidding on BZTAT artworks will begin at 9:00 pm EDT and conclude around 11:00 pm EDT.
Honestly, I am doing this so that I can keep the doors open at BZTAT Studios. It is costly to keep an artist studio operating. I will, however, give 10% of the sales to Romeo The Cat’s FurPower charity for this month, Second Chance Pet Adoptions.
Follow my tweets (hashtag #bztatptg) during the 12-hour stretch to watch the paintings develop. Then participate in the auction from 9 pm – 11pm EDT.
Auction Bidding Instructions:
- If you would like to submit a bid on Twitter, please send a tweet with the word BID in all caps, your bid amount and #bztatptg written in the tweet.
- Your profile must be visible in Tweetgrid for us to receive the bid.
- All bids must be in $5.00 increments.
- The lowest bid for all works will be $40.
- Bid winners will receive instructions to pay the winning bid via PayPal plus $20 US shipping or $40 international shipping per painting.
- A 10-minute warning will be tweeted to announce the conclusion of the auction 10 minutes before bidding stops.
- It is recommended that interested Twitterers follow the action on Tweetgrid to get real time updates. (We are not responsible for any technical difficulties that may occur as a result of Twitter or associated application interruptions.)
- Follow the #bztatptg hashtag on Twitter to follow all the action. You do not have to bid to join in the fun!
Date: Thursday, August 26, 2010
Paint-a-thon Time: 9 am – 9 pm (EDT)
Auction Time: 9 pm – 11 pm (EDT)
My paint-a-thons are a great way to find some affordable bargains on artwork that my never come around again.
I hope you will join me for this special event. I promise to have some new and fresh images that have not been seen before.
Have suggestions for what you’d like me to paint? Leave them in the comments below.