A few weeks ago, I posted about my artist friend, Brennis Booth, who had suffered a heart attack and had to have open heart surgery. I am glad to report that he is doing much better, and he is back to work most days of the week. His medical bills are coming in, however, and they are HUGE. A benefit to help Brennis is being held on August 25 to raise funds to help with his medical bills. I won’t be able to attend, because I will be out of town. I still want to do my part to help.
So I have decided to a 12-hr Summer Party Paint-a-Thon and donate a portion of the proceeds to Brennis’ Medical Fund. On Friday, Aug. 19, 2011, I will paint non-stop for 12 hours and create as many paintings as I can. Just to make it fun, I will make all the paintings have some kind of “Summer Party” theme. Don’t think, though, that this means I won’t paint animals. Critters can paw-ty down!
Here is how it will work:
- I will paint as many paintings as I can between 10 AM to 10 PM (EST) on Friday, Aug. 19, 2011. All of the paintings will be posted for auction here on my website the following day (Saturday, Aug. 20). Bidding will conclude Monday, Aug. 22, 2011 at 10 pm EST.
- I will be posting photos of the works in progress throughout the Paint-a-thon to Twitter and to Facebook. Follow the hashtag #bztatptg on Twitter for the latest.
- Each painting will be approximately 10″ X 14″ on wood. There will be a $50 minimum bid on each painting. There will also be a $25 USA and $45 international shipping fee for each painting.
- I will donate 10% of all the proceeds to the Brennis Booth Medical Fund.
- Winning bidders will need to allow 4 weeks for shipping, as the painting will need hardware and other finishing before they can be shipped.
My paint-a-thons are a great way to find some affordable bargains on artwork that my never come around again.
I hope you will join me for this special event. I promise to have some new and fresh images that have not been seen before.
Have suggestions for what you’d like me to paint? Leave them in the comments below. (It would be nice if you plan to bid on works that you suggest. :))